If this is an emergency, please call 911.
Address: 25 Pocono Road
Denville, NJ 07834
We understand the importance of transparency and relationship building in the communities we serve and welcome any media inquiries about our services and events. If you are a member of the media, please feel free to contact our Communications Department 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
973-983-5531 | 201-874-6800
Schedule Multiple Appointments, Tests or Procedures with One Call.
Behavioral Health Central Access Helpline (1-888-626-2111)
Saint Clare’s Behavioral Health Central Access Helpline for access to Behavioral Health Services at any hour of the day or night.
How to Obtain a Copy of Your Medical Records:
Patients may have access to their Medical Records through a written request with reasonable notice, subject to completion of the documentation by the responsible physician(s) barring any legal constraints such as minimum age requirements.
Requesting Medical Records
- In order to obtain a copy of a Medical Record, the patient or his/her representative must submit a written request in writing by completing an authorization form which is available from the Medical Records Department, the nurses’ station, at the outpatient registration desk, or you can click on the blue button below “Medical Records Release Request”.
- Specific instructions are noted on the form regarding how to mail, fax or deliver the request, along with information about associated copy/review fees.
- Every effort will be made to provide the medical record as soon as possible.
- If the medical record has been finalized, it will either be mailed or may be picked up by the patient or his/her representative at the Medical Records Department from the Hospital where the service was delivered. Medical Records from Saint Clare’s Behavioral Health in Boonton may be picked up at Denville Hospital.
- If a requested Medical Record has not yet been finalized, the patient will be notified and then contacted again as soon as it is ready.
- If a Medical Record is needed for continuity of care purposes, the incomplete record can be sent directly to the physician entrusted with the care of the patient.
- All Medical Records shall be made available to the patient or his/her legally authorized representative within 30 days of receipt of the request.
Thank you for your cooperation with this process. If you have any questions or need assistance please feel free to contact the Medical Records Department at 973-989-3660.
Medical Records Fax: 833-714-0356