Saint Clare’s Health offers prenatal care and maternity services through the HealthStart Prenatal Clinic,located at the Sister Catherine Health Center at Saint Clare’s Dover Hospital. The clinic is staffed by physicians (obstetricians), certified nurse midwives, registered nurses, case workers, registered dietitians and outreach workers, HealthStart offers:
- Regularly scheduled prenatal exams for pregnancies
- Genetic counseling services
- Nutritional counseling and W.I.C. (Women, Infants and Children) referrals
- Social Services including counseling and community resource information regarding issues such as housing, financial assistance, parenting, child care and rehabilitation
- Medicaid and charity care applications
- A variety of classes including prepared childbirth and breastfeeding
- Referrals for home visits
- Referrals to Maternal-Fetal Medicine for ultrasounds and other testing as needed
- Delivery in comfortable home-like maternity suites, and an intensive care nursery for babies with special medical needs
- Bilingual services.
There is no fee for services when screened by social workers and Medicaid eligible.
Please call 973-989-3114 to schedule your appointment.
The clinic is located in the Sister Catherine Health Center at Dover Hopsital – 400 West Blackwell Street, Dover, NJ 07801.
Hours of Operation: Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.