- Labor and delivery patients, and their designated companion will be screened and masked upon entry into the hospital, and then screened again upon entry into labor and delivery unit, and must stay masked when a staff members and physicians are present in the room.
- Patients who have COVID-19, have tested positive for COVID-19, or are under investigation for COVID-19 must remain masked at all times.
- A known COVID-19 companion will not be permitted into labor and delivery or the post-partum unit.
- One designated companion for the entire stay in labor and deliver and postpartum.
- Designated companion may come and leave to go home. You may go to the cafeteria or vending machines, as well as order outside food to be picked up at the front desk of the hospital.
- Designated companion must use the bathroom in the assigned labor and delivery room.
- Designated companion will be provided meals by the hospital.
- The designated companion can stay with the patient until they are moved to the post-partum unit. THE SAME POLICIES WILL APPLY TO POSTPARTUM, AS APPLY TO LABOR AND DELIVERY – Designated companion will remain in the mom’s room with the door closed, and masks must be worn at all times when staff is present. Designated companion will not be allowed to walk in the hallways.
Classes: We are offering childbirth e-classes and breastfeeding e-classes online. In addition to the e-classes we are also offering in-person childbirth classes.
Call to schedule classes: 973-625-6387
Since the first baby was born at Saint Clare’s in 1953, we have been committed to treating each new life as a blessing and every family as our own.
Today, we are proud to offer that same personalized care in our 48,000 square-foot Katena Center for Mother and Child at Saint Clare’s Denville campus. The Center couples all of the high-tech amenities of a 21st century maternity unit with the classic high-touch values of family-centered environment
The team at the Katena Center includes expert obstetricians, pediatricians, lactation consultants, childbirth educators, and highly-trained nurses to provide the necessary tests, services, education, and resources essential to new mothers and growing families alike. We also offer a full slate of Maternal Fetal Medicine specialists – including a board-certified perinatologist, genetic counselors, and perinatal sonographers – to ensure high-risk pregnancies are handled with care.
At the Katena Center, we are dedicated to the comfort, wellbeing, and privacy of those in our care. Along with the latest medical advances, we are pleased to offer 23 all-private Mother/Baby suites, family-centered support and services, a welcoming staff, and well-appointed surroundings.
The Katena Center for Mother and Child
Saint Clare’s Health
25 Pocono Road, Denville, NJ 07834