- Labor and delivery patients, and their designated companion will be screened and masked upon entry into the hospital and then screened again upon entry into labor and delivery unit, and must stay masked when a staff members and physicians are present in the room.
- Patients who have COVID-19, have tested positive for COVID-19, or are under investigation for COVID-19 must remain masked at all times.
- A known COVID-19 companion will not be permitted into labor and delivery or the post-partum unit.
- One designated companion for the entire stay in labor and deliver and postpartum.
- Designated companion may come and leave to go home. You may go to the cafeteria or vending machines, as well as order outside food to be picked up at the front desk of the hospital.
- Designated companion must use the bathroom in the assigned labor and delivery room.
- Designated companion will be provided meals by the hospital.
- The designated companion can stay with the patient until they are moved to the post-partum unit. THE SAME POLICIES WILL APPLY TO POSTPARTUM, AS APPLY TO LABOR AND DELIVERY – Designated companion will remain in the mom’s room with the door closed, and masks must be worn at all times when staff is present. Designated companion will not be allowed to walk in the hallways.
Classes: We are offering childbirth e-classes and breastfeeding e-classes online. In addition to the e-classes you will have a series of four childbirth Microsoft Teams meetings with a childbirth educator and one breastfeeding Microsoft Teams meeting with a lactation consultant. : 973-625-6387