Outpatient Nutritional Counseling
Research shows that there is a strong relationship between what we eat and how healthy we are. Proper nutrition is especially important when individuals have a chronic disease or certain medical condition. Saint Clare’s Registered Dietitian Nutritionists provide a variety of services designed to help patients meet nutritional goals and stay informed on the latest information related to proper nutrition and healthy eating habits. Our Registered Dietitian Nutritionists work individually with patients to educate, set goals, and adjust their diet to manage disease conditions.
Our services include counseling for:
- Weight loss and weight management
- Pre- and post-bariatric surgery education and counseling
- General nutrition
- Pediatric health
- Pre-natal nutrition
- Food allergies and intolerances
- Nutrition counseling for patients with:
- Cardiac disease
- Gastrointestinal conditions – Dover Hospital
- Kidney disease
- Gestational Diabetes – Also provided at Denville campuses under Perinatology Services
Different insurance providers vary in the coverage of nutritional services. Patients should first call their insurance carriers to determine actual coverage. Medicare covers three nutritional counseling sessions per year for qualified patients with diabetes and kidney disease.