Adult Chemical Dependency Unit (ACDU)
The goal of our program is to assist those suffering from the disease of addiction to safely detox. While in detox our patients will be medically supervised for any potential complications while in a safe and relaxing atmosphere. We work with the patient to evaluate their individual needs, as well as develop a detail treatment plan tailored to the patient’s individual needs, and discharge planning for aftercare. ACDU provides education on the disease, group, individual, and didactic sessions. We also provide AA/NA services to begin/ continue developing a sober support network.
What makes us different from other detox’s is that we see the individual for who they are, which is a human being who is sick from a disease and is need of proper care. Some of the feedback we received from the patients have been that we treat them with dignity and kindness.
For further information, contact us at: (973) 316-1888
Our team is led by a multidisciplinary team of experts, including:
- Board Certified Psychiatrist
- Licensed Clinicians
- Clinician and Behavior Health Counselors
The team works together with physicians establishing treatment plans & groups to help you detox safely & teach you how to manage your illness.
What to Expect
- Individual and group therapy – You are expected to be awake, dressed and ready to be an active participant in your treatment.
- Laundry facilities are available for use.
- Cable TV is available in the men’s and women’s lounges when group is not in session.
- Attire – Bring 3-4 days of warm, comfortable clothing. Toiletries are provided on the unit.
- Communication – Patient phone calls are available several times per day. Personal cell phone use is not permitted.
- Average Stay – A patient’s stay is typically three to six days but is dependent on protocols the doctor puts you on.
Together, you and the treatment team, will meet to discuss your individual symptoms, situation, expectations, goals for treatment and a plan of action for discharge.
St. Clare’s Alcohol Chemical Dependency Unit offers:
- Safe Medical Detox
- Educational groups
- Treatment Team Meetings
- 12 Step Program
- WRAP: Wellness & Recovery Action Plan
- Individual/Group Therapy
- Pet Therapy
- HIV Testing free of charge
- Referral to Continued Care
Prior to discharge, the patient will work with the treatment team will work together to create a long-term wellness aftercare plan that works best for you.
The Clinician and the team will work together to create a plan that helps the patient in their recovery. This plan will include aftercare appointments and is designed with consideration to home and work schedules, along with the recommendations of the treatment team.