Adult Chemical Dependency Unit (ACDU) Inpatient
Saint Clare’s Adult Chemical Dependency unit is a 16-bed detoxification unit servicing Males and Females 18 years and older. We are committed to providing the highest quality of inpatient treatment and recovery for individuals suffering with addiction, alcoholism, and mental health disorders.
Our team consists of licensed psychiatrists, medical doctors, and NJ State board registered Nurses with addiction training who are patient centered and provide individualized patient care. Our psychiatrists are dual-diagnosis competent and provide daily assessments to each patient. Saint Clare’s is polysubstance abuse focused and provides a safe 24/7 monitored detox. Our Licensed Clinicians provide 12-step and non 12-step options in a unique way to meet the patients where they are at while promoting long term sobriety.
For more information: 973-316-1888
Walk-in Detox Program
Walk-in Admissions are Accepted Monday through Friday from 9am-5:30pm.
No appointment necessary!
We believe in eliminating as many barriers as possible to help everyone receive quality treatment. Our facility accepts Medicaid, Medicare, Charity care, we are in network with most managed care insurances, and we provide a unique opportunity for Morris County residents to receive grant funding for their detoxification treatment.
Admissions to the Adult chemical Dependency unit is a 4 step process:
- Patients are registered by our kind and caring registration staff.
- Patients then receive an evaluation from a Registered Nurse who does a comprehensive assessment including the patient’s addiction, alcoholism, past medical history, and any mental health disorders.
- A licensed Clinician will then evaluate the patient using ASAM criteria to determine that detox level of care is appropriate. If this level of care is warranted, the clinician contacts the patient’s insurance company to obtain an authorization.
- The registered nurse contacts our licensed psychiatrist who provides admitting orders for the patient.
For more information: 973-316-1846
Saint Clare’s Behavioral Health
130 Powerville Road, Boonton, NJ 07005
Our team is led by a multidisciplinary team of experts, including:
- Board Certified Psychiatrist
- Licensed Clinicians
- Clinician and Behavior Health Counselors
The team works together with physicians establishing treatment plans & groups to help you detox safely & teach you how to manage your illness.
What to Expect
- Individual and group therapy – You are expected to be awake, dressed and ready to be an active participant in your treatment.
- Laundry facilities are available for use.
- Cable TV is available in the men’s and women’s lounges when group is not in session.
- Attire – Bring 3-4 days of warm, comfortable clothing. Toiletries are provided on the unit.
- Communication – Patient phone calls are available several times per day. Personal cell phone use is not permitted.
- Average Stay – A patient’s stay is typically three to six days but is dependent on protocols the doctor puts you on.
Together, you and the treatment team, will meet to discuss your individual symptoms, situation, expectations, goals for treatment and a plan of action for discharge.
Saint Clare’s Alcohol Chemical Dependency Unit offers:
- Safe Medical Detox
- Educational groups
- Treatment Team Meetings
- 12 Step Program
- WRAP: Wellness & Recovery Action Plan
- Individual/Group Therapy
- Pet Therapy
- HIV Testing free of charge
- Referral to Continued Care
Prior to discharge, the patient will work with the treatment team will work together to create a long-term wellness aftercare plan that works best for you.
The Clinician and the team will work together to create a plan that helps the patient in their recovery. This plan will include aftercare appointments and is designed with consideration to home and work schedules, along with the recommendations of the treatment team.