American Heart Association Award recognizes Saint Clare’s Health commitment to quality stroke care
denver and dover nj (June 20, 2019)- Saint Clare’s Health has received the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines® Target: Stroke Honor Roll Elite Plus Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award. The award recognizes the hospital’s commitment to ensuring stroke patients receive the most appropriate treatment according to nationally recognized, research-based guidelines based on the latest scientific evidence.
Saint Clare’s Health earned the award by meeting specific quality achievement measures for the diagnosis and treatment of stroke patients at a set level for a designated period. These measures include evaluation of the proper use of medications and other stroke treatments aligned with the most up-to-date, evidence-based guidelines with the goal of speeding recovery and reducing death and disability for stroke patients. Before discharge, patients should also receive education on managing their health, get a follow-up visit scheduled, as well as other care transition interventions.
“Saint Clare’s Health is dedicated to improving the quality of care for our stroke patients by implementing the American Heart Association’s Get With The Guidelines-Stroke initiative,” said Brian Finestein, Saint Care’s CEO. “The tools and resources provided help us track and measure our success in meeting evidenced-based clinical guidelines developed to improve patient outcomes.”
“We are pleased to recognize Saint Clare’s Health for their commitment to stroke care,” said Lee H. Schwamm, M.D., national chairperson of the Quality Oversight Committee and Executive Vice Chair of Neurology, Director of Acute Stroke Services, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts. “Research has shown that hospitals adhering to clinical measures through the Get With The Guidelines quality improvement initiative can often see fewer readmissions and lower mortality rates.”
According to the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association, stroke is the No. 5 cause of death and a leading cause of adult disability in the United States. On average, someone in the U.S. suffers a stroke every 40 seconds and nearly 795,000 people suffer a new or recurrent stroke each year.
About Get With The Guidelines®
Get With The Guidelines® is the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s hospital-based quality improvement program that provides hospitals with tools and resources to increase adherence to the latest research-based guidelines. Developed with the goal of saving lives and hastening recovery, Get With The Guidelines has touched the lives of more than 6 million patients since 2001. For more information, visit heart.org.
About Saint Clare’s Health
Saint Clare’s Health is a CMS 5 Star Rated and an award-winning provider of safe, high-quality, compassionate care, serving the communities of Morris and Sussex counties. Its network of hospitals and healthcare facilities include Denville Hospital, Dover Hospital, Behavioral Health centers in Boonton, Denville, and Parsippany, and an Imaging Center in Parsippany, among other satellite locations. To learn more visit SainClares.com and Like Us on Facebook.
CMS (Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services) 5 Star Rating is based on 100 rigorously tested quality measures at more than 4,000 Medicare certified hospitals as well as Veteran Health Administration and military health system hospitals.
Saint Clare’s Health is Joint Commission accredited and Saint Clare’s Denville Hospital has been recognized by the following third-party organizations:
- Leapfrog A Rating for Patient Safety
- Named among the top 5% in the nation for patient safety in 2018
- Named among the top 5% in the nation for Coronary Interventional Procedures in 2019
- Joint Commission Disease Specific Certification for Hip & Knee Replacement and Stroke
- One of HealthGrades America’s 100 Best Orthopedic Surgery for two years in a row (2018-2019)
- One of HealthGrades America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Coronary Intervention in 2019
- Recipient of the following HealthGrades Five Star recognitions: Hip Fracture Treatment, Total Knee Replacement, Coronary Intervention Excellence, Coronary Interventional Procedures, Pacemaker Procedures, Treatment of Stroke, Treatment of Pneumonia, Gallbladder Surgery, Appendectomy, Treatment of Sepsis, C-Section, Gynecologic Procedures, Hysterectomy
- Recipient of other HealthGrades recognitions: Patient Safety Excellence Award Winner 2018, Gynecologic Procedures Excellence Award in 2018
- Recognized by Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey Hospital Recognition Program
- American Heart Association recognitions:
- Three Year Accreditation Award with Commendation by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer
- Following accreditations by the American College of Radiology (ACR): Accreditation in Radiation Oncology, Accreditation Breast Imaging Center of Excellence
- American Association of Cardiovascular Pulmonary Rehab Certification
- Accredited Echocardiology Laboratory by the Intersocietal Commission for Accreditation of Echocardiology Laboratories
- Accredited Echocardiology Laboratory by the Intersocietal Commission for Accreditation of Vascular Laboratories
- International Board of Lactation Consultant Examiners Care Award
- Pathway to Excellence designation by the American Nurses Credential Center (ANCC) 2018-2022
- 2017 Women’s Choice Award by America’s Best Hospital Patient Safety
Saint Clare’s Dover Hospital has received the following:
- Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program (MBSAQUP) Comprehensive Center Designation Joint Commission Accredited
- Leapfrog A Rating for Patient Safety
- Joint Commission Disease-Specific Certification for Stroke
- Healthgrades Patient Safety Excellence Award 2016 and 2018
- American Academy of Sleep Medicine Accreditation
- American Heart Association accreditations:
- Get with the Guidelines Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award
- Target Stroke Honor Roll Elite Award
- Mission: Lifeline® STEMI Receiving Center Bronze Plus 2017 Quality Achievement Award
- American College of Radiology Accreditation Breast Imaging Center of Excellence®
- Pathway to Excellence designation by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) 2018-2022
- 2017 Women’s Choice Award by America’s Best Hospitals for Patient Safety