Saint Clare’s Health Announces Program and Sessions for Its
Healthy Women Healthy Communities Event
Denville, NJ (April 16, 2019) – Saint Clare’s Health announces the program for its women’s health event, Healthy Women Healthy Communities, on April 27, 2019, at the Hilton Garden Inn, 375 Mount Hope Avenue, Rockaway, New Jersey 07866. The event will be held from 8:30 am to approximately 1 pm. Women are invited to enjoy a morning that is totally devoted to them. The event is for women of the “Sandwich Generation” (40-60 years). Health sessions will be focused around women who are entering this new phase in their lives: kids are growing up or have grown up, they may have parents that they are beginning to assist or care for, and it is also time for them.
Local retail vendors and local healthcare providers will also be present at tables throughout the day, as well as various hospital department representatives. Those who attend are required to choose one of two programs in session one and one of two programs in session two. There will also be a complimentary lunch with keynote speaker Lauren Mufson from 11:30 am to 12:30 pm. You must attend the health sessions in order to attend the free lunch.
Session 1 – 8:45 am to 9:45 am
- Breast Health
- Motria Ukrainskyj, MD, Medical Director of Saint Clare’s Breast Surgical program, will discuss breast health during and after menopause, our family history factors, hormone effects on breast health, the latest in diagnosing breast cancer and the surgical and non-surgical treatments of breast cancer.
- Menopause and the Effects on Your Heart
- A woman’s heart health changes dramatically in the perimenopause and menopause. Dr. Rhuna Shen, MD, Saint Clare’s Health, will discuss the reasons for an increase in heart disease, the effects of hormonal changes on the heart and how our heart health changes after this phase of our life.
Session 2 – 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Weight and Women: Innovations in Weight Loss
- Aram Jawed, MD, will discuss the weight challenges women face as they get older and how the years of dieting, as well as hormonal changes, have affected our metabolism, and he will discuss the treatment options that are available. Liz Silverthorne, Registered Dietitian, will also be present to discuss nutrition.
- Our Changing Bodies – It’s not Puberty! It’s Menopause
- And our bodies are changing again! Patricia Dreyfuss, MD, obstetrics and gynecology, will discuss what happens to our hormones as we enter the phase in our life, the changes our body is going through, the symptoms, how to diagnosis where you are in this phase of your life and the treatments that may make this change a little easier.
Register for a free lunch with keynote speaker Lauren Mufson.
About Lauren Mufson
Lauren starred as Donna Sheridan on Broadway and in the North American Touring Company of Mama Mia, as well as many other Broadway shows. She will entertain and uplift the crowd with stories from her life and give a performance made for our generation.
Seating is limited. To RSVP call 973-867-1714 or register online at SaintClares.com.